Whether your business is big or small, the last thing you want is a leaky roof. Leaks can damage the structural integrity of your building, lead to mold formation and to the staining of your business’s interior. In short, roofing issues can lead to a loss of time and money that could be used in other parts of your business. In an effort to protect the investment you’ve made in your business, we’ve compiled a list of Five Reasons Your Roof May Be Leaking.
- Poor installation or materials: The number one cause of leaks is poor workmanship. This is why you should be careful about who you hire to install your roofing system or your metal rain screen. Improperly installed roofing can be very expensive since the damage caused by poor workmanship will have to be repaired and the job will have to be redone.
- Your flashing has cracked: Flashing are the thin pieces of metal that are installed under shingles and on the joints of a roof in order to create a water-resistant barrier. Unfortunately, these pieces of metal can corrode over time due to the elements of wind and rain.
- The roof is just too old: This one is a no-brainer. Roofs don’t last forever. Eventually, the materials used to make your roof will degrade over time due to a number of factors. When this happens you should be ready to make the extra investment in your home or business and have a new roof installed.
- Clogged gutters: Your gutters are meant to help draw water away from your roof. When a blockage forms and they get clogged – such as from leaves, dirt, twigs, etc. – that travel stops. Rainwater will then pool in one area of the roof and the start to seep through cracks and into your home or business.
- Roof slope issues: A shallow roof slope or flat roof can increase the chances of leaks. Roofs are pitched at a certain angle so that water can run off of them efficiently. If the roof doesn’t have much of a slope, the water can slow down or even pool up on the roofing material. This will eventually lead to leaking in your home or business.
When your roof is leaking, it helps to know why so you can have the issue resolved. We can help you by quickly diagnosing such problems and by offering you one of our roofing systems. We can protect the exterior of your business with one of our metal rain screens as well. Contact us today if you have a leaky roof or are interested in a superior way to protect your company’s exterior.